AN EXTENSIVE SERVICE MENU
From inception, BUSINESS INTERIORS was established as a full-service office furniture dealership. We have earned our reputation; we have established our expertise; and, we are equipped. BUSINESS INTERIORS has the diverse disciplines required to help your company maximize its physical space while supporting your people and technology.
We design attractive and efficient workplaces. BUSINESS INTERIORS’ space planning solutions complement a company’s image and enhance employees’ productivity.
We are experts at installing the major furniture lines. BUSINESS INTERIORS delivers and properly installs existing and new furnishings.
We assure that project objectives are met as scheduled. BUSINESS INTERIORS’ project managers coordinate people and material resources needed to successfully complete workspace changes.
We implement facility moves with minimal downtime. BUSINESS INTERIORS’ move management team plans and communicates the logistics of workplace relocation.
We maintain or restore the beauty and function of your furniture. BUSINESS INTERIORS’ maintenance and refurbishing services extends office furniture investments.
We store customer’s unused office furniture. BUSINESS INTERIORS’ asset management is automated and our storage is secure.
SPACE PLANNING AND DESIGN
Our basis for good design hasn’t changed in the past four decades. When Joan Miller established BUSINESS INTERIORS, she emphasized our people working with yours to develop a workspace that supports versatility, productivity and image. These defining principles reveal Joan’s foresight. Today’s business tools and processes constantly change and a company’s branding becomes critical in a competitive market. Our Space Planning and Design Team is also a forerunner in incorporating computer-aided innovation. We understand firsthand how today’s work space must support people and their tools in order to keep talent and improve productivity.
Our Space Planning & Design Team helps you create an engaging, functional workspace. Business Interiors’ senior designers are registered with the State of Texas. All our designers have a Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design and receive ongoing training each year.
Once your objectives and requirements are determined, we evaluate your existing furnishings/inventory, equipment and facilities. And then, the BUSINESS INTERIORS team prepares solutions and presents plans. Our ideas encompass:
- Successful use of space: integrating culture and brand with facility and budget
- Interior finish and color coordination: specification of color and finishes integrating all surface materials from textiles, laminates, paint, floor and wall coverings to support your work environment
- Corporate standards: establishing standards in furniture, color, finishes, and signage to maintain a consistent identity
Corporate objectives can also include: wellness and/or sustainability in the workplace. Our product knowledge can help meet these requirements. We offer ergonomic assessments. And, we can have a certified LEED AP participate in the early planning and development stages of your project.
BUSINESS INTERIORS utilizes AutoCAD, CAP, SketchUp and Configura software to produce floor plans, isometrics (3D illustrations), elevations, and installation drawings.
BUSINESS INTERIORS has been installing workspaces since we opened for business nearly forty years ago. Our installation crews have represented us well over the years with an exceptional level of customer service. In addition to our daily staff, BUSINESS INTERIORS partners with subcontractors having like quality standards, enabling us to organize up to 150 qualified installers per day.
BUSINESS INTERIORS’ installation crews have mastered the installation process for furniture lines produced by the major manufacturers. By hosting factory trainers on an annual basis, we can ensure our staff maintains the latest techniques and understanding of product development. Crew Foremen and Leads have attended Steelcase Installation Training (SIT), Lead Installer Training or a form of specialty training, as well as, Leadership Training. All new Installers receive SIT and Business Interiors’ on-the-job training.
BUSINESS INTERIORS has a fleet of twenty-nine trucks and service vehicles. We have the ability to provide tractor-trailers with our own CDL drivers to facilitate work on larger projects. BUSINESS INTERIORS provides the tools and equipment necessary to complete any size project as well as providing equipment to protect our customers’ product and facilities during installation. To facilitate communication with the customer, home office and other crews, our Leads are equipped with cell phones having the “push to talk” feature.
BUSINESS INTERIORS is a valued partner when our customers are faced with the complexities of implementing facility projects. Teamwork is integral to BUSINESS INTERIORS—generating employees’ personal dedication to service and integrity—setting the standard for our working relationships with customers and contractors.
"Once again BUSINESS INTERIORS has performed to a Gold Star performance level. Your team of professionals continues to strive for excellence. Teamwork is the name of the game and BUSINESS INTERIORS promotes this in their day-to-day activities and communications with their clients. Your company makes my job a lot easier in many ways." - CGE
BUSINESS INTERIORS’ Project Managers coordinate all resources. Once the PM reviews product orders, installation drawings, acknowledgements and ship dates a working schedule is developed. Our PMs act as the liaison between your company and the contractors working within your space. They streamline communications by conveying your objectives and needs. Their expertise supports smooth implementation of your project and enables timely resolution should a problem arise. Following delivery and installation, our PM will make a final inspection with the Facility Manager and then resolve exceptions ensuring total satisfaction of your project.
BUSINESS INTERIORS’ Project Managers average nineteen years of industry experience. Their foresight during preliminary walkthroughs and their comprehension of new construction processes is invaluable. If a project is particularly involved, one of our PMs may join the sales team before order placement is finalized. They are also qualified to make furniture inventories. Most of our PMs have installation experience and they have an ingrained understanding of how systems furniture connects with proper support.
BUSINESS INTERIORS understands that dependable performance and attitude are what determine a company’s reputation. With that said, our Move Management team is SUPERB! They work tirelessly with positive attitudes motivated to get the job done while meeting customers’ needs.
"Everything was moved in a timely and orderly manner which has enabled me to quickly put things in order in my new area and get back to work to meet deadlines. I would like to thank all the moving staff for being so great to work with and to truly compliment their positive attitudes." - ALCON
BUSINESS INTERIORS’ Move Management coordinates and implements the relocation of “stand alone furnishings,” equipment and personal contents—departmental or company-wide—within the same city or across the country.
A BUSINESS INTERIORS Relocation Project Manager reviews your company’s needs and together goals are set for a successful move. We then provide a detailed move plan. Upon approval, your RPM becomes a single, dependable contact for on-site move supervision coordinating employees and vendors to execute your specific plan. The plan addresses:
- Communication/orientation: Formal meetings are held with key individuals and employees to review and explain every detail of your move plan
- Packing: Assistance is available in addition to providing written instructions and labeling schemes.
- Technical support: Technicians perform detailed inventories of all computer systems and devices, and provide disconnect/re-connect of all desktop computers, printers and fax machines. Specialized crews and equipment are used to perform relocation of servers.
- Follow-up: Additional help is provided after your move to make adjustments and to clear away all move cartons and crates.
Each of our Relocation Project Managers and Crew Leaders averages more than ten years of commercial move experience. BUSINESS INTERIORS supplies all move crates, cartons and specialty packing materials, as well as specialized equipment to handle product and contents such as PCs, servers, and high-density filing.
SERVICE AND REFURBISHING
Our technicians are craftsmen, meticulous with an ingrained understanding of the unique qualities of wood, metal and textiles. They are factory-trained in the maintenance and repair of furniture systems, seating, carpet, and all components of your office environment.
"They are perfectionists, and because of this our facility looks like most of the product is new—not 14-18 years old!" - JCPENNEY
BUSINESS INTERIORS Service & Refurbishing represents a broad range of expertise and experience. We select a team or technician based on the size or skills your project requires.
- Custom services: includes furniture fabrication and cabinetwork; solid surfaces of glass, marble, tile, veneer, or laminate applications; window treatments and drapery hardware accessories; installation of custom wood, tile and stone flooring
- Maintenance programs: scheduled cleaning of panels, upholstered seating and carpet; application of fabric protectorates; “on-call” service for general mechanical repair and parts replacement
- On-site services: repair scratches or nicks in both wood and metal surfaces; key cutting and lock replacement; painting
- Refurbishing: includes upholstery/modification of panels, lamination/modification of work surfaces, and provision of system parts; electrostatic painting of metal furniture; complete refinishing of wood furniture
BUSINESS INTERIORS provides our technicians with every possible resource to solve your repair needs in a timely and efficient manner.
With the demand for storage, BUSINESS INTERIORS established automated Asset Management services in 1987. We have always been dedicated to meeting customer needs and in addition to storing their furniture, we are able to help companies evaluate their options for current or future planning.
"Because of their ability to receive and maintain our product at your warehouse, we have known what we have and what we need at any given time. This was invaluable in adding these workstations using existing and new product!" - JCPENNEY
We have the processes and automation to provide accurate inventory of your company’s furniture assets.
- Computerized inventory management with bar code tracking: manages and tracks your surplus inventory stored at our warehouse with reports available as needed. All incoming product’s current condition is noted in the database. The customer is notified of any damages or parts missing to help maintain a usable inventory. The customer can decide whether to repair, store, or dispose of the item. Each item is individually bar-coded increasing the speed and accuracy of inventory collection. Inventory reports are exportable into Excel format for easy data sorting.
- On-site inventories: trained and experienced professionals perform physical inventories utilizing methods and tools to produce accurate information.
BUSINESS INTERIORS has over 185,000 square feet of secured warehouse space with limited authorized personnel access. Customer inventory is not commingled. Each customer bay contains only that specific customer’s product. When possible, like product is stored together to expedite placing and pulling items.
There is 5,000 square feet of transit space available for short-term storage. This reduces the customer’s labor cost on short requirements by eliminating the time necessary to inventory and rack product.